Click to purchase Swansea's Grand Book!

Contact

Swansea Empire Theatre 1900 - 1957

The Empire Theatre in Swansea was built in Oxford Street for Oswald Stoll as a replacement for his Empire Theatre(later called The Palace) in High Street.

It opened on December 10th 1900

The Empire Theatre with legendary commissionaire Alf Penny

The theatre was the premier entertainment venue in the town for 57 years and its loyal patrons were treated to the best variety performers available throughout that time. It closed in 1957 and was demolished a few years later.

The site as is today 2009

And if it was still around today